Some people only think about fudge during Christmas. I am not one of those people. I am always thinking about fudge. I’m not joking or saying this just for the sake of this article.
If you ever find me on the street, chances will be that I am holding a fudge, eating a fudge or on my way to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for making fudge.
If you share my sweet tooth then you will love this recipe. It is such a simple recipe that it only requires three ingredients and no candy thermometer. It is so and by easy I mean really easy.
I love to make fudge and I love to eat it. If you ask me to speak about fudge for an hour and an half, on a podium in front of an audience, I’ll do it. That’s how much I love it. I hope I can express my feelings about fudge.
So without any further ado let’s get right into the recipe.
Ingredients for Fudge Recipe
We only need three ingredients for this recipe. The last one is an optional item that you may or may not include in your fudge.
1. Chocolate Chips– I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips in my recipe of fudge but you can switch it up with dark chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips if you feel like it. We need three cups of chocolate chips for the recipe.
2. Butter– Actually you can make this fudge recipe with just condensed milk and chocolate chips. But I have found that adding a few blocks or spoons of water makes this fudge even more delicious and more creamy than ever. Trust me on this guys!
3. Sweetened Condensed Milk– The 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk is the one you should go for. I suggest that you skip the fat-free version. It is so not good. Stick with the regular kind. You can always work off the weight that you gain.
4. Crushed Walnuts– This is a completely optional item. You can leave them out if you don’t like them. But this just adds a little crunch in the fudge and personally, I like that extra crunch so I add it but you can totally leave them out.
How to make Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Step 1: You will toss all the ingredients into a saucepan and place the saucepan on heat. Let everything melt and keep using a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the saucepan to prevent chocolate from burning.
Step 2: Once the mixture is completely smooth you need to transfer it to a pan. Line the pan with parchment paper beforehand. Leave some of the parchment paper hanging out so that the fudge is easier to take out.
Step 3: Then all you need to do is even out the fudge and then place it in the refrigerator to cool down and set. Now it usually takes around 3 hours to harden but the more you leave it the better. I, therefore, make this at night and leave the cooked fudge in the refrigerator overnight. After its set you can take it out and enjoy it with your friends and family.
There are always a different way to do things. If you would like to do something special or something different with your regular fudge recipe then there are quite a few variations that you can try. I have listed three of my personal favorites below. Check them out.
1. Cookies and Cream- Use white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips and add crushed Oreos into the mixture.
2. Mint Chocolate- You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or White chocolate chips. Then add a little bit of peppermint extract. Taste and see if you need more peppermint and add accordingly.
3. Cranberry Pistachio- You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or White chocolate chips. Then chop up a half cup of cranberries and half cup of pistachios and add them to the mix.
There are several other ways to tweak things up and make your own fudge recipe too. Just add what you like.
Baking Tips for this Fudge Recipe
Few baking tips that you would wish someone told you.
1. Before starting line up the container with some parchment paper. Leave some hanging out from the pan too. This will make it easier for you to lift up the fudge when its ready and get it out in a clean and neat manner. It makes the work much easier.
2. While cooking the fudge, scrape the bottom and stir the sides without fail.
3. The fudge becomes softer at room temperature so it is better to keep it refrigerated until you are ready to enjoy it. You can store it for up to 3 months.
Well, I can only hope that this recipe is like by all of you. Fudge is an all-time favorite for me. I make it often because I love it and members of my family love it too. My brothers and sisters are always asking me to make them Fudge. It is a really versatile snack.
In order to avoid overworking myself, I have resorted to this easy simple recipe with only three ingredients. It is convenient and super cheap to make too.
It is cheaper than going out and buying a ready made fudge packet from the store. This is fresh and cooked with love. What can be better than that right? And homemade stuff always has a different taste to it.
I hope that you have liked the fudge that you made by following this recipe. Thank you so much for following this and reading this article to the very end. We wish you good luck. Thank you for all the sweet tooth out there. Do consider recommending this article to other people if you are satisfied with it. Thank you once again and have a great day!