The most reliable method of protecting your valuables from other players in Minecraft is to instal secret doors. This isn’t like a secret room where you have to break down a dirt door and rebuild it every time you want to use it.
How To Make a Door in Minecraft
There have been many improvements to players’ methods of creating secret passageways in Minecraft over the years. Here, you’ll learn how to construct a hidden door utilising Pressure Plates, Sticky Pistons, Item Frames, and Buttons.
Additionally, we will discuss less complex strategies that do not require the use of Redstone or Sticky Pistons. In this article, you’ll learn some strategies for safeguarding your Minecraft assets from being stolen.
A Guide on Using Sticky Pistons in Minecraft to Construct a Hidden Door
Access controlled by pressure plates is both practical and unobtrusive. Construct it from the same material as your door to keep prying eyes at bay. Unless someone is standing on the plates, no one will be able to see your door. This is the procedure for creating such a door:
- To use, stack two Sticky Piston blocks.
- Build another Sticky Piston out of two bricks four blocks apart from the original.
- Next to every tower of Sticky Pistons, stack two Stone blocks. Separate any parallel buildings by at least two blocks.
- The bases of the Sticky Piston columns should be illuminated by Redstone Torches. They need to be hung on the exterior of your door.
- In the centre of each pillar, above the Redstone Torches, place a Stone block.
- Dig a hole under the Stone blocks, 2 blocks wide and 6 blocks long, between the Sticky Pistons. Redstone can be used to patch the hole.
- Grass blocks can be used to cover up the hole’s exposed surface.
- Attach Pressure Plates to the perimeter of the stone masonry building. Standing on the Pressure Plates causes the doorway made of stone blocks to widen and reveal a way through.
- Conceal the “door” by erecting a Stone structure of any form around it. Never put anything over the Pressure Plates.
Making a Hidden Minecraft Door in the Floor
Instead of using Sticky Pistons and Pressure Plates to create elaborate mechanisms, you may just dig a hole and conceal it to create a hidden entrance. Here are the measures to take:
- Create a hole in the earth that’s big enough.
- Put some base over the top of the hole.
- Get a ladder and drop it in there.
- Every time you enter or exit, repair the hole in the grass.
It’s important to remember that this type of hidden entrance is quickly forgotten, so either record its location or place it in close proximity to a landmark.
Minecraft: How to Construct a Hidden Door Without Using Sticky Pistons.
The use of Sticky Pistons is not required to construct a hidden door in Minecraft. Putting a painting over your door is perhaps the simplest and most accessible place to start. Here’s what you need to do:
- Cut a doorway in the wall anywhere you like.
- Put up four signs: two on either side of the entrance and two on the outside.
- Cover the doorway with a large painting and hang it on the wall. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to pass through it like a ghost.
Now that you’ve successfully fooled everyone, you can probably feel a sense of satisfaction. However, this is not a new secret among Minecraft players; the painting trick is widely known. Accordingly, it’s not the most secure hidden door option. You might dig a secret entrance for further security:
- A hole should be dug that is at least three blocks deep. Avoid any mining in that area.
- Fill the hole with a sturdy material like Stone masonry.
- Slide a ladder into the opening.
- Every time you enter or leave, cover the entrance with grass.
Invisible Door Guide for Minecraft Bedrock
The process for creating a hidden door in Minecraft Bedrock is very similar to that of the Java Edition. Using a painting as a cover for a door is the simplest method. Here are the measures to take:
- Insert a door into the wall you want to use.
- The entry should be flanked by two Signs, one on each side.
- Cover the opening with a painting on the wall. Imagine you’re a ghost and you’ve just discovered a way to float through a painting.
Unfortunately, players that are aware of the method will still be able to see your things through the painting. Build a hidden door that can only be opened with a certain item using a special Item Frame for added safety. To accomplish that, follow these steps:
- Locate an available wall and use it as your entrance. Leave some room behind the wall if you intend to build a hidden room.
- Hang up an Item Frame and display whatever you like inside it.
- Make a door in the wall that you want to use.
- Two blocks distant from the hole, on the opposite side of the wall, place a Sticky Piston with its flat side facing the wall.
- Put a matching wall block on the Sticky Piston’s sticky side.
- Construct a Redstone cable that runs from the Sticky Piston block to the other side of your Item Frame block. Keep the space between the Redstone line and the Item Frame’s opposite side at a full block in length.
- Connect the Redstone circuit to your Item Frame block with a Redstone Comparator. When using the Redstone Comparator, the arrow should point away from you.
- Halfway through your Redstone trail, set up a Repeater.
Once the object is removed from the Item Frame, the mechanism will begin functioning.